There are two ways to schedule an inspection:
1. Online at Austin Build + Connect, our new online portal
- You must be a registered user. If not registered, you can register online.
- Click on "My Inspections" in the Menu option and follow the prompts.
- If you are experiencing difficulty, call 3-1-1, or e-mail DSD Help. If outside the City limits, please call 512-974-2000.
- Once registered, Live Chat is available for assistance Monday - Friday, 7:30 am to 4:30 pm.
2. By Phone on the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System
- Make sure you have your IVR personal identification number (PIN).
To get an IVR PIN, complete the form Inspection Agent Letter of Authorization and Request for IVR PIN Number (PDF). You can also pick up a form at the Inspections Office on the third floor of One Texas Center, 505 Barton Springs Road, or request a form by calling 3-1-1. Upon completion, e-mail the form to DSDHelp@austintexas.gov, or submit the form to the Inspections Office and a PIN number will be assigned upon submittal.
- Call the IVR number: (512) 974-9405
- Choose one of the following:
(1) Schedule Inspections (see requirements below)
(2) Obtain status on inspections
(3) Cancel the Inspection
- Enter your IVR PIN
- Enter your ten-digit permit number
- Enter the three-digit inspection code.Your required inspections and related Codes are noted on the printed Permit.
Note: Inspections are usually performed within 24 hours after scheduling, but an inspector's workload can delay a scheduled inspection until the next business day or 48 hours after scheduling.
How to contact your Inspector
If you have a question about your scheduled inspection, you may contact your inspector (View contact list below). Calls to an inspector may not be answered immediately because they are conducting an inspection or driving. When contacting your inspector, and he/she does not immediately answer, please consider one of the following options:
- Send a Text Message
- Send an E-Mail
- Leave a Voicemail with your name, phone number, and purpose of call. Please note that voicemail boxes fill up quickly, therefore the above two options are the preferable method.