If the Alarm Sounds ...
If the alarm sounds and anyone in the house has symptoms of CO Poisoning
- Leave the house immediately and call 9-1-1 or an emergency response number.
- Have someone contact the fire department and consult the local fuel company.
If your alarm goes off and no one has symptoms of CO poisoning:
- Turn off all fuel-burning appliances that are possible sources of CO.
- Open windows to air out the house.
- Contact the local fuel company or a licensed technician to repair the problem.
Learn more about Carbon Monoxide Safety.