City of Austin Treasury, Division of Financial & Administrative Services
Public Notice of Unclaimed Property
Valued between $10 - $100.00
Every year various departments of the City of Austin report unclaimed cash and valuables, from uncashed checks, deposits, refunds, overpayments or any other transactions creating a credit balance. This property is presumed abandoned and is subject to Chapter 76 of the Title 6, Unclaimed Property Texas Property Code.
It's Your Money
Look for your name or your business name in this notice. If the City of Austin is holding Property belonging to you, the Treasurer of the City of Austin wants to help you get your property back.
Property belonging to you will continue to be held until you claim it. Whenever an owner wants to claim the property, the owner must present proof of the claim to the City of Austin Treasurer, and establish the right to receive the property.
By addressing an inquiry to the City of Austin Treasurer, any person possessing a legal or beneficial interest in the reported property may obtain information concerning the amount of property. It's never too late to make contact.
Steps to Claim your Property
- Click on the link below and search for your name.
- Contact the Treasurer, Unclaimed Property Section either by mail, by phone, or in person, with the following information:
- Owner name exactly as spelled in the listing.
- Current addresses, in order to mail a response. (Please allow for 30 days.)
- All previous addresses for the past five years, including Post Office Boxes.
- Daytime, 8:45 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. phone number.
By E-Mail By US Mail By Phone In Person Send Email Treasurer
City of Austin
Unclaimed Property Section
P. O. Box 2106
Austin, Texas 78768
City of Austin
Regular Business Days
Hours (9:00 AM - 4:00 PM)
700 Lavaca Street, Ste. 940
- If you have unclaimed property, obtain download the appropriate claim form or contact the Treasurer Office by mail, phone, or in person using the information listed above. The forms are in PDF format. Be sure to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer before downloading.
- After you have received and filled out the formal claim form, submit the claim to the City of Austin to the address shown above. Please check the form to ensure the following have been provided:
- The claim form is completed, as requested by every line.
- Copies of identification and proof of ownership are attached.
- The claim form is signed with your full signature.
Should questions arise while processing your claim, a Claims Examiner will contact you either by phone or letter.
With accurate information and no complications, your claim may be processed and a check mailed in 60 to 90 days.