About Lights, Camera, Safety
The Safe Routes to School Program’s first annual Lights, Camera, Safety PSA contest is now closed!
A PSA, or Public Service Announcement, is a video that influences opinions and helps people learn about important topics.
In this contest, Austin 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students are invited to create their very own short PSA showing how to walk, bike, and roll to school safely. The winning team will receive Alamo Drafthouse Gift Cards, and their video will be shown in middle schools across Austin.
Acerca de Luces, Camara, Seguridad
El primer concurso anual de Luces, Cámara y PSA de seguridad del Programa de Rutas Seguras a la escuela, ¡ya está cerrado!
Un PSA, o Anuncio de Servicio Público, es un video que influye en las opiniones y ayuda a las personas a aprender sobre temas importantes.
Consulta las nuevas reglas actulizadas del concurso y obtén información sobre cómo remitir (o enviar) tu video usando el manual de reglas de Luces, Cámara, Seguridad aquí.
Contest Eligibility: This contest is open to all 6th, 7th, and 8th graders in Austin. Students can enter the contest on their own or with their families
Contest Period: Submissions will be accepted from March 10 through August 3. Winners will be announced in September 2020.
Contest Rules: All submissions:
- Must have a title.
- Must be in either English or Spanish.
- Must be between 30 seconds to two minutes in length.
- Must follow the CDC’s social distancing guidelines.
- Must NOT include any offensive materials.
- Must NOT include ANY copyrighted music, audio/video clips, characters, logos, or other protected material. Videos may include music only if it is considered “open source” music, or if it is composed and played by a student (or students) in the group.
Check out the updated Lights, Camera, Safety Handbook to learn more or get tips and tools for your PSA.