Austin Public Health (APH) is continuing to enhance its monkeypox vaccine response efforts through a partnership with Wellness Equity Alliance.
AUSTIN, Texas – Austin Public Health (APH) is continuing to enhance its monkeypox vaccine response efforts through a partnership with Wellness Equity Alliance. APH and Wellness Equity Alliance will work together to administer Jynneos monkeypox vaccines to high-risk groups in both Austin and Travis County.
To determine eligibility for receiving the vaccine, the public can visit Wellness Equity Alliance’s website. Those who qualify for the vaccine will be given an option to schedule an appointment.
Vaccination information is also available on APH’s monkeypox webpage.
Those who need assistance can call the APH Equity Line at 512-972-5560.
NOTE: Emails will be sent from a Wellness Equity Alliance account (@wellnessequityalliance.com).
Stop the Spread
The public is urged to follow precautions as monkeypox cases rise in the community. Protective measures include:
- Being fully clothed and avoiding skin-to-skin contact with strangers.
- Limiting close and or/intimate contact to people you know.
- Close contact includes sharing items like drinks and blankets.
- Wearing well-fitting masks in close quarters when social distancing isn’t possible to reduce direct exchange of mouth/nasal fluids.
- Washing/sanitizing your hands as well as cleaning surfaces.
- Staying home if you feel sick or experience any symptoms.
About Wellness Equity Alliance
WEA is a national alliance of public health clinicians and supporting operations committed to transforming health care delivery to vulnerable communities with a focus on communicable disease management and behavioral health clinical services in strategic settings as public health extenders.
WEA partners with departments of public health, emergency management agencies, other related governmental agencies, hospitals and health centers, and community-based organizations (CBOs) to work as extensions of public health.