Join upcoming workshops to discuss Austin’s Aquifer Storage and Recovery (ASR) project; a water supply strategy.
Join Austin Water at an upcoming virtual or in-person community workshop to discuss Austin’s Aquifer Storage and Recovery (ASR) project. ASR is a water supply strategy to store available water in an aquifer for later recovery and use.
As work continues to determine the most favorable areas for an ASR project, the project team is seeking community feedback on evaluation criteria and how the project will incorporate equity and affordability considerations. At the workshops, staff will share information about Austin’s ASR project, collect community feedback and answer questions.
- When: Tuesday, October 18 from 6 – 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Giddings Public Library and Cultural Center, 276 N Orange St, Giddings, TX 78942
- Register: bit.ly/3xWuERP
- When: Wednesday, October 19 from 6 – 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Bastrop Public Library, 1100 Church St, Bastrop, TX 78602
- Register: bit.ly/3DRH6WJ
- When: Thursday, October 20 from 6 – 7:30 p.m.
- Where: City of Austin Permitting and Development Center, 6310 Wilhelmina Delco Drive, Austin, TX 78752
- Register: bit.ly/3UFtkwg
Virtual Workshops via Zoom
- When: Tuesday, October 25 from 5 – 6 p.m.
- Register: bit.ly/3SDgpt8
- When: Thursday, October 27 from 6 – 7 p.m.
- Register: bit.ly/3BKpB7X
Interested residents from Travis, Bastrop and Lee counties are encouraged to attend. The same information will be presented at each meeting. Please attend the meeting that works best for you!
Visit the SpeakUp Austin! page for the latest ASR project updates and the opportunity to connect directly with the Austin Water ASR team.
To learn more, visit the project website at AustinTexas.gov/ASR and watch project videos in English and Spanish.