City of AustinFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Austin-Travis County Emergency Operations Center
All sites will provide free water on a first come, first served basis, while supplies last.
Today, February 21, Austin/Travis County will open 10 water distribution sites. The Austin Community College Pinnacle Campus location will begin distributing water at 9 a.m., the additional 9 sites will begin operating at 11a.m. All sites will provide free water on a first come, first served basis, while supplies last.
These sites are designated for our most vulnerable population without the ability to purchase or boil water.
Each pick up will include 1 case of water.
If you are driving a vehicle, we ask that you have your trunk open or have your doors unlocked so that volunteers can place water in your vehicle.
If you are on foot, we recommend that you bring a cart or carrier large enough to hold 1 case of water. With the increased use of bottled water, we ask residents to recycle all single-use plastic bottles and jugs instead of throwing them in the trash.
Distribution begins at 9 a.m. at the following site:
Austin Community College: Pinnacle Campus (7748 Highway 290 West, 78736)
Distribution begins at 11 a.m. at the following sites:
- Nelson Field (7105 Berkman Dr., 78752)
- Onion Creek Soccer Complex (5600 E. William Cannon Dr., 78744)
- Roy G. Guerrero Park (400 Grove Blvd, 78741)
- ACC Highland Mall Parking Lot (E. Highland Mall Blvd, 78752)
- Garrison Park (6001 Menchaca Rd., 78745)
- Lakeline Station (13625 Lyndhurst Blvd, 78717)
- Walnut Creek Park (12138 N. Lamar Blvd, 78753)
- Zilker Park (2301 Barton Springs Rd., 78746)
- Anderson High School (8403 Mesa Dr., 78759)
Boil Water and Use Restrictions
Remember, Austin is still under a boil water notice and use restrictions. Water used for drinking, cooking, and brushing teeth should be boiled for two minutes before use.
Use restrictions are also in place to save water, and apply to both residents and businesses
Customers may not:
- Use water for irrigation or testing of irrigation equipment
- Wash vehicles, including at commercial car wash facilities
- Wash pavement or other surfaces
- Add water to a pool or spa
- Conduct foundation watering, or
- Operate an ornamental fountain or pond, other than aeration necessary to support aquatic life
Violations of these restrictions should be reported to Austin 3-1-1.
Thank you for your support as we work to stabilize Austin’s water plants. For more information on the boil notice and use restrictions, visit: http://austintexas.gov/page/boil-water-notice-and-faqs