Thirty commercial and industrial water customers honored for contributions in 2020 and 36 breweries for contributions in 2021.
Austin Water is honoring 30 commercial and industrial water customers for excellence in pretreatment of wastewater, water protection, environmental operations, and community stewardship during the year 2020. In addition, 36 local breweries, wineries and distilleries are being recognized for their public service in distributing potable water and hot meals to Austin Water customers and local businesses during Winter Storm Uri in February of 2021. This is the 29th Annual Recognition & Awards program for Austin Water.
The following honorees have achieved excellence in protecting the environment by controlling the quality and quantity of their discharges into Austin’s wastewater system:
Excellence in Wastewater Pretreatment for 14 Consecutive Years
- AI Industries
Excellence in Wastewater Pretreatment for 12 Consecutive Years
- City of Austin, Austin Resource Recovery, Mabel Davis
Excellence in Wastewater Pretreatment for 9 Consecutive Years
- Samsung Austin Semiconductor
Excellence in Wastewater Pretreatment for 7 Consecutive Years
- City of Austin, Austin Resource Recovery, FM 812 Landfill
- Cypress Semiconductor
- NXP USA, Inc. - Ed Bluestein
Excellence in Wastewater Pretreatment for 6 Consecutive Years
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
- NXP USA, Inc. - Oak Hill
- University of Texas – J.J. Pickle Research Campus
Excellence in Wastewater Pretreatment for 5 Consecutive Years
- Sundance Metal Fabricators
Excellence in Wastewater Pretreatment for 4 Consecutive Years
- Travis County TNR
Excellence in Wastewater Pretreatment for 2 Consecutive Years
- Commemorative Brands, Inc.
- Gunze Electronics USA Corp.
- ICU Medical, Inc.
- TLMI Corporation
- XBiotech USA, Inc.
Excellence in Wastewater Pretreatment for 1 Year
- Brooks Industrial Coatings, Inc.
- Borden Dairy
- Skorpios Technologies, Inc.
- Stellarray, Inc.
- Texas Department of State Health Services and Texas Facilities Commission
- UniFirst Corporation
The following honorees have achieved excellence in protecting public health and safety through backflow prevention, cross connection control and private fire hydrant maintenance:
Excellence in Water Protection
- Blake West of Innovative Water Solutions
- 1st Fire Safety
- Brad Weyant of Safe Water Backflow and Irrigation
- John Ingram of DPR Construction
- Bret Martin of Firetrol
The following honorees have achieved excellence in best management practices, pollution prevention and environmental safety performance:
- Walnut Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant
The following honoree has achieved excellence in its commitment to protecting and caring for the City’s resources and homeless community:
Excellence in Community Stewardship
- The Other Ones Foundation
The following honorees are being recognized for their public service in making complimentary potable water and hot meals available to Austin Water customers and local businesses during Winter Storm Uri:
- 4th Tap Brewing Co-op
- (512) Brewing
- Adelbert’s Brewery
- The Austin Beer Garden Brewing Company
- Austin Beerworks
- Austin Eastciders
- Batch Craft Beer & Kolaches
- Black Star Co-op
- Blue Owl Brewing
- The Brewtorium
- Celis Brewery
- Central District Brewing
- Central Machine Works
- Circle Brewing Co.
- Draught House Pub & Brewery
- Fairweather Cider Company
- Friends and Allies Brewing
- Hi Sign Brewing
- Hold Out Brewing
- Hopsquad Brewing Co.
- Independence Brewing Co.
- Last Stand Brewing Company
- Lazarus Brewing Company
- Limestone Terrace Vineyard
- Live Oak Brewing Company
- Meanwhile Brewing Company
- Nomadic Beerworks
- Oddwood Ales
- Orf Brewing
- Oskar Blues Brewery
- Pinthouse Pizza
- Southern Heights Brewing Co.
- St Elmo Brewing Company
- Still Austin Whiskey Co.
- Tito’s Handmade Vodka
- Zilker Brewing Company
Austin Water congratulates all of this year’s winners and honorees and looks forward to hosting an in-person ceremony in the near future.
For online information on Industrial Pretreatment, Water Protection and Environmental Operations, visit http://www.austintexas.gov/department/special-services-division or contact Austin Water’s Special Services Division at (512) 972-1060.