Attend the event and learn how to be prepared before an emergency or disaster.
Mark your calendars and Get Ready, Central Texas. City of Austin is hosting a pilot Emergency Preparedness Fair. The event is designed to help individuals and families be prepared in advance of an emergency or disaster.
Get Ready Central Texas Emergency Preparedness Fair
Tuesday, September 20, 2022 from 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
8401 Cameron Road Austin Texas 78754 (Asian American Resource Center)
— Free to attend and family friendly
— More info: readycentraltexas.org
For Participants and Attendees:
- When attending this event, participants will learn about the City’s Basic Emergency Operations Plan, and other plans in place which are activated during an emergency or disaster.
- Event attendees will learn how government, non-governmental organizations, neighborhoods, and individual families can work together during a disaster.
- Attendees will receive guidance to create an emergency plan, supplies to help build an emergency supply kit, get to know neighbors, and learn how to stay informed during an emergency.
- The goal is for everyone who attends to walk away with a plan for what they will do during an emergency.
“The Basic Emergency Operations Plan is the community’s plan. When a disaster strikes, we are all responsible for helping each other. Individuals, organizations, and government have a part to play in the safety of our community,” said Homeland Security and Emergency Management Director, Juan Ortiz. “We want to give everyone the information and basic resources to be prepared during an emergency and feel confident that they will be able to safely make it through the event.”
Many City departments and organizations are joining together to provide an accessible and educational event for everyone who participates. Attendees will learn life saving tips and information about available resource during and after an emergency.
Participating agencies include:
- Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Austin Fire Department, Wildfire Team
- Austin Energy
- Austin 3-1-1
- Austin Water
- Austin Public Health
- Watershed Protection Department
- Office of Sustainability
- Office of Resiliency
- Austin Animal Services
- Austin-Travis County Emergency Medical Services
- National Weather Service
- Go Austin! / Vamos! Austin
- Austin Disaster Relief Network
- American Red Cross
- Integral Care
- The University of Texas
The Get Ready Central Texas Emergency Preparedness Fair will be accessible in multiple languages with interpreters on site to support Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, and American Sign language. Request another language interpreter by calling 3-1-1 no later than five days before the event.