The Homeless Strategy Division will host virtual meetings to update the community on efforts to address homelessness.
AUSTIN, Texas - The City of Austin’s Homeless Strategy Division will host virtual meetings to update the community on efforts to address homelessness and answer community member questions. There will be two identical virtual meetings on the evenings of February 1–2, 2023, with an additional webinar tailored to service providers on the morning of Friday, February 3, 2023.
“In 2023, we will continue our quarterly community update sessions, which have become an important channel for keeping people up to date on the city’s efforts, and hearing from the community and service providers,” said Dianna Grey, the City of Austin’s Homeless Strategy Officer.
Topics to be presented will include, but not be limited to:
- Affordable housing development
- Upcoming City of Austin funding opportunities
- Cold weather shelter and extreme weather response
- Community-wide shelter system assessment and planning
- Encampment management and the HEAL Initiative
- Finding Home ATX funding update
Register to attend a Virtual Meeting
- Public Session One: Wednesday, February 1, from 6 – 7:30 p.m.
Registration link: https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_XpJtD2eYTyCQubDgDwKfgQ
- Public Session Two: Thursday, February 2, from 6 – 7:30 p.m.
Registration link: https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_YdEShFpjRyytHpmD9CLzQQ
- Service Providers: A separate email invitation will be sent for a webinar taking place on Friday, February 3, from 8:30 am – 10 am.
This webinar is for Service Providers only.
To learn more about homelessness in Austin, please visit www.austintexas.gov/homelessness