Austin Water buildings will be closed to non-essential services and enforcing restricted access to prevent unnecessary contact.
AUSTIN – Effective March 23, 2020, in order to protect Austin Water’s critical infrastructure facilities and the personnel operating them, all Austin Water buildings will be secured. Austin Water buildings will be closed to non-essential services and enforcing restricted access to prevent unnecessary contact. Continued and expanded virtual and electronic modifications to our services are in place to assist those needing to do business with Austin Water.
Doing Business with Us Online
Customers wishing to do business with Austin Water may do so through the following channels or by visiting our website for details at https://www.austintexas.gov/department/technical-center.
- Service Extension Requests: Staff continues to take Service Extension Request (SER) applications and associated backup materials to initially be submitted electronically to SER@austintexas.gov for screening and invoice generation. The SER team will generate an invoice and then payment can be made over the phone (512-972-0009). Hard copies of the SER application should still be mailed to Austin Water, Waller Creek Center, 625 E. 10th Street, Austin, TX, 78701 (Attention Albert Ramirez).
- Austin Water Residential Plan Review: Staff continues to process tap plan reviews electronically thru the Austin Build + Connect website portal. For questions, please coordinate with Reyna Holmes (Reyna.Holmes@austintexas.gov or 512-972-0202). Staff will continue to accommodate virtual or online meetings where necessary.
- Austin Water Commercial (Sites and Subdivisions) Plan Review: Staff continues to perform complete site plans and subdivision plans, project reviews and approvals electronically, effective March 23, 2020. Staff will continue to accommodate virtual or online meetings where necessary. For additional questions, please email your assigned project coordinator directly or visit http://austintexas.gov/page/pipeline-engineering
- Austin Water Commercial Site Plan Plumbing Reviews: Consultations with Austin Water Site Plan plumbing reviews may be conducted virtually utilizing existing email and video conferencing alternatives as necessary. For additional information, please contact Cory Harmon (Cory.Harmon@austintexas.gov or 512-974-2882).
- Austin Water AULCC Reviews: Consultations with Austin Water AULCC review team may be conducted virtually utilizing existing email and video conferencing alternatives as necessary. For additional information, please contact Utility Coordination and Real Estate Supervisor Eric Sermeno (Eric.Sermeno@austintexas.gov or 512-972-0497).
- As-Built Records: Records requests should be submitted electronically to Austin Water Infrastructure Records group using AWRecords@austintexas.gov. Any additional questions should be directed to Tony Rodriguez (Tony.Rodriguez@austintexas.gov or 512-972-0277).
- Taps Permitting Office: Consultations with Austin Water Taps Permitting Office will be conducted electronically utilizing existing email, phone, and video conferencing alternatives. Staff are available via phone at 512-972-0000. If calling, please select Option 5 for service plan verification forms, tap permit applications, and tap locations or Option 4 for truck/hydrant meter applications
- Residential Tap Permit applications and payments may be submitted through the Austin Build + Connect website
- Commercial Tap Permit applications may be submitted via email to AWTaps@austintexas.gov
- Water/Wastewater Service Plan Verification (WWWSPV) forms may be submitted via email to AWTaps@austintexas.gov
- Requests for tap locations may be sent to AWTaps@austintexas.gov
- Payments can be made by phone by calling 512-972-0009
- Other requests for information or needs may be sent to AWTaps@austintexas.gov
- Water Conservation Customer Services: Staff continues to be available by telephone or email to provide water conservation related customer services or answer questions. However, some services may experience delays due to public health efforts to limit face-to-face interactions. Water leaks or water waste concerns can be reported online at report a leak or by dialing 311. For additional information, please contact Austin Water Conservation at the following email@example.com or 512-974-2199).
For more information about how the City of Austin is responding to COVID-19, health and safety resources, and the latest City of Austin Facility Closures and more, visit http://www.austintexas.gov/COVID19.
About Austin Water
Austin Water provides safe, reliable, high quality, sustainable and affordable water services that have met the community’s needs for over 100 years. Austin Water services over 1 million people in the Austin metropolitan area across more than 548 square miles.