Any business that sells food, beverages, or both to the public from a mobile unit in Texas must have a permit.

According to the Texas Food Establishment Rules, the category of “mobile units” includes:

  • Motor vehicles
  • Trailers
  • Bikes
  • Pushcarts and kiosks
  • Peddlers on foot selling from coolers or hot boxes

Permits are not transferable between mobile units. If your business has more than one mobile unit, you’ll need a separate permit for each one.