To get a City of Austin mobile food vendor permit, food managers must obtain a food manager certification. All mobile food unit employees must complete a food handler training.
1. Make sure all employees working in the mobile food unit complete a state-approved food handler training course.
All employees must have documentation that they completed a state-approved food handler training course in a classroom or online within the last two years, except for the unit's food manager, who must pass a food manager exam.
2. Make sure one employee per mobile food unit passes the food manager exam.
There must be a worker with a state certified food manager certificate at the mobile vending unit during all hours of operation. Food managers must pass an ANSI-CFP Accreditation Program (Accredited) and always keep a copy of the certificate in the mobile unit.
3. Display the card.
The state certified food manager certificate must be printed and displayed so customers can easily see it.
4. Review laws and policies.
- Austin City Food Code 10-3-31
- Texas: Licensing of food handler training programs
- Texas: Requirements for individuals seeking food manager certification
- Travis County: 247.024 Certified Food Manager