The Department utilizes independent contract instructors to provide unique programming services at its recreational facilities. A contract gives you the ability to have your programs/activities based on the needs and space availability at our Facilities or Parks.
Goals for Contract Instruction
- Increase Participation in structured community recreation
- Enrich the community's artistic, cultural environment & experiences
Required Contract Documents
- Contract Instructor Class Proposal Form
- Become a registered Vendor with the City of Austin
- Certificate of Insurance (if required by Risk Management)**
- Proof of successful CBI**
- Instructor Liability Waiver (included in contract)
- Participant-Release and Waiver (included in contract)
- Signed Contract
**Review handbook for details
Download your Independent Contract Instructor's Handbook to learn more about the process.