This office represents the city in negotiations related to wages, hours and terms of employment with the Austin Police Association, the Austin Firefighters Association, Local 975 and the Austin/Travis County EMS Employees’ Association.
Current Labor Agreements
Austin Police Department
- Agreement between The City of Austin and the Austin Police Association, effective October 1, 2013
Austin/Travis County EMS
- Agreement between The City of Austin and the Austin/Travis County EMS Employees' Association, effective October 1, 2013
Austin Fire Department
- Agreement between The City of Austin and the Austin Firefighters Association, effective June 4, 2015
Labor Agreement Training
The Labor Relations Office has the following responsibilities to ensure the City of Austin compliance with the various contracts.
- Train staff and management on the proper interpretation of the components of labor agreements
- Train staff on grievance procedures
- Acquaint them with the Ombuds Program that has been added