To maintain a valid City of Austin mobile food vendor permit, report any changes to the information on your application to Austin Public Health’s Environmental Health Services Division.

1. If any of the information you included on the permit application changes you must report it to Austin Public Health’s Environmental Health Services Division.

This includes paperwork like the notarized central preparation facility contract, restroom arrangements, or itinerary sheet. Fill out a new permit application with the appropriate changes, and send it using any of the following options:


Email your updated application as an attachment. For updated central preparation facility contracts, we still need the original notarized contract for legal review. You can email a copy so we can update your information, then mail or drop off the original when you can.


Mail your updated application along with current permit information to Environmental Health Services, PO BOX 142529, Austin, TX 78714.

Drop off in person

Bring your updated application and current permit information to the Environmental Health Services Division office. The office is accessible by car or bus. If you drive, park only in spaces marked “visitor”. Sign in at the security desk and present a government-issued photo ID.

2. Any change to the mobile unit’s sink, water system, or propane lines requires a new inspection.

Contact the Environmental Health Services Division to schedule a new inspection for a currently permitted unit.