October 10, 2013
6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Greater Austin Merchants Association (GAMA), 8801 Research Blvd.
The objectives of this evening’s meeting are to complete several housekeeping action items; to have an interactive panel discussion with NACA, resulting in the identification of the neighborhood’s top five crime-related problems; and, to have an open discussion with project researchers about crime strategy and potential initiatives.
- Open-mindedness: Listen to and respect all points of view
- Acceptance: Suspend judgment as best you can
- Curiosity: Seek to understand rather than persuade
- Discovery: Question old assumptions, look for new insights
- Sincerity: Speak for yourself about what has personal heart and meaning
- Brevity: Go for honesty and depth, but don’t go on and on
- Be present: Focus on the current task, be in the moment
6:00 – 6:05 p.m. Welcome
6:05 – 6:10 p.m. Brief introduction of Team members
6:10 – 6:20 p.m. Action items: vote on the acceptance of several Team document
Policies and Procedures
6:20 – 7:10 p.m. NACA panel discussion
7:10 – 7:45 p.m. Research discussion
7:45 – 7:55 p.m. Citizen communication
7:55 – 8:00 p.m. Closing remarks