The Jimmy Clay Golf Course opened in 1974; designed by noted golf course architect Joe Finger. Located in Southeast Austin and surrounded by Williamson Creek, the course plays 6,918 yards through traditional tree-lined fairways and elevated open greens.
Jimmy Clay underwent a major renovation of 3 holes in 2007 that were redesigned to include a challenging water feature near an island green. All of the greens were replanted and bunkers completely rebuilt. In 2015, a second renovation was done which included the reshaping of 4 of the greens to further improve conditions and playability. The driving range was enlarged and reshaped with larger targets and landing areas and featuring a new elevated hitting area for better visibility; creating a premier practice facility for golf patrons.
The Jimmy Clay Golf Course became part of a 36-hole complex with the addition of the Roy Kizer Golf Course in 1994. Together, the two courses make up one of the finest and diverse 36 hole public complexes in the state.
RESERVATIONS AND TEE TIMES
Evening & sunset round times vary throughout the year, please click here for times.
Reservations are taken at 7 am in person or by phone at (512) 974-4653. Tee times for weekdays are taken 7 days in advance; Saturday & Sunday times are taken on the Tuesday before the weekend. For additional information regarding reservations, please call the pro shop.
For course fees, CLICK HERE.
Dates Closed for Maintenance: Closed every 1st Monday of the month, excluding holidays and major golf tournaments.
Dates Closed for Aerifying: April 1st, June 3rd, Aug. 5th. Course will reopen the following Tuesday at 12 noon.
Dates Closed for Overseeding: Mon., Oct. 7th. Reopening Tues., Oct. 8th at 12 noon.
- Payment accepted: Cash or credit cards are accepted
- Practice facilities include a driving range, sand trap, chipping, pitching and putting greens
- Range balls: $5 small bucket / $7 large bucket
- Stag & Finch Snackbar menu 512-974-3663
- Golf Cart rental fee: $14 per Golfer / Non-golfer: No fee for children 12 & under. $7 for persons 13 & up, including pets
- Joe Balander Learning Center fees: $5 Adults / $3 Juniors
- Course Rules
- Directions to the course: 5400 Jimmy Clay Dr. Austin, TX 78744