The Office of the City Clerk is responsible for managing municipal elections and has a variety of resources for both the general public and candidates running for office.
Election responsibilities of the City Clerk’s office include:
- Supporting candidates who want to run for office
- Assisting Council in placing issues on the ballot
- Validating petitions for items that may appear on the ballot, or for candidates who do not choose to pay the filing fee
- Receiving campaign finance reports from local candidates, officeholders and political action committees as required by the Texas Ethics Commission
- Providing media and the public with election information
When Travis County acquired electronic voting equipment, the City Council contracted with Travis County to conduct municipal elections and designated the OCC as the contract administrator.