Reaching Zero Waste requires a new approach to how we buy, use, and dispose of everyday items, including how we give gifts! Instead of buying new things, choose products made of recycled content, second-hand items, or repair what you already own. You can also reduce waste by refusing what you don’t need or renting what you won’t use every day. The Austin Reuse Directory makes it easy to find local businesses that sell pre-loved items or offer rental and repair services.
Shop Zero Waste to:
- Support local businesses, artists and non-profits.
- Keep products out of the landfill.
- Save money by buying second hand items.
- Avoid the energy and resources needed to manufacture new products.
- Find unique, eco-friendly gifts for your loved ones.
Buy from businesses that sell products made from recycled, upcycled or reused materials.
Fix what you already have with businesses that offer repair or refurbishing services.
Rent what you don’t need every day or give experiences as gifts.