Welcome to the Permitting and Development Center (PDC)!
The new Permitting and Development Center (PDC) opens its doors in July 2021, offering a new take on the development experience and complementing the growing range of virtual options that are now available for the Austin community.
The PDC brings together resources and expertise from multiple City departments that provide permitting and development services for the Austin community. The facility is designed to provide a seamless development process, all in one place, for residential and commercial customers who prefer in-person services
Know Before You Go: Doing Business at the PDC
Appointment Required for DSD Services
Most departments at the PDC require appointments. The PDC Appointment Scheduler offers virtual and in-person appointments for Development Services Department (DSD) customers, beginning the next business day. Same-day appointments are not available, and appointment timeframes vary, depending on the type of service requested.
If you are unable to schedule an appointment online, please call our appointment line at 512-978-4504 or visit the PDC Reception Desk in person.
The following DSD appointment types are currently available in both English and Spanish. More appointment options, including meetings with other departments, will be added to the scheduler over time. Visit our appointments page to learn more.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS: Appointments for application submittals are not currently available. Visit our Digital Development page for online submittal instructions.
Accessing Other City Permitting and Development Services
Here is how to connect with other City departments providing virtual and in-person permitting and development services at the PDC. Some processes will change over time.
- Austin Energy: Email firstname.lastname@example.org to make appointments for virtual and in-person services. Walk-in options available 8:30 – 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 – 3 p.m.
- Austin Fire Department: Receptionist will contact staff for walk-in services as needed. Email email@example.com to meet with an engineer.
- Austin Center for Events (All Special Events Departments): Call 512-974-1000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment (required for all meetings). Upon arrival, check in with reception. Staff will escort you to the meeting space.
- Austin Transportation Department: For Right-of-Way Management, limited appointment services are available; book two days in advance. Make an appointment here.
- Austin Water: Schedule virtual and in-person appointments by emailing AW-Landdevelopmentinfo@austintexas.gov.
- Austin Public Health: Walk-in appointments will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Receptionist will contact staff for walk-in services as needed.
- Other Departments: Other departments that will provide services at the PDC will be available as needed on a case-by-case basis. These include Housing and Planning, Law, Parks and Recreation, Public Works and Watershed Protection. Please continue to contact those departments directly to arrange for services.
Getting There and Parking
The PDC is located in the Highland area, just four miles from downtown, three miles from the University of Texas at Austin. It is easily accessible using IH-35, US-290 or US-183.
PDC Address: 6310 Wilhelmina Delco Drive, Austin, Texas 78752
The PDC includes six levels of on-site parking for customers and employees, including 20 EV charging stations on Level 2. There will be no charge for parking during the first several months of operations. Please keep in mind that only Level 1 has 8 feet of clearance for taller vehicles. Other levels only have 7 feet of clearance.
Please note: Under the latest orders enacted by the City of Austin and Travis County, an individual over the age of two is REQUIRED to wear a face covering while present on or in City and County property unless expressly exempted in Section 2 or by a City or County policy applicable to the premises or facility.
Please arrive 10-15 minutes before your scheduled appointment to allow time for check-in.
Reception: The receptionist checks you in and contacts staff to escort you to your appointment. Meet staff near the elevators at least five minutes before your scheduled appointment.
Self Check-In (DSD only at this time): The check-in kiosk, located in the waiting area, allows you to check in online for your appointment. Staff escorts are still required when you arrive for your appointment.
Help: For appointment assistance, please call 512-978-4504.
Paying for Services
Customers may continue to pay for services online, using a credit card, through the Austin Build + Connect portal.
In-person payment options
Cashier: Cashiers can accept payment (credit cards only) at the Service Center. The PDC Appointment Scheduler allows customers to “get in line” to make a same-day payment.
Kiosk: A new kiosk will accept on-site cash payments.
About the PDC Facility
Location: 6310 Wilhelmina Delco Drive, Austin, Texas 78752 (Off Middle Fiskville Road, south of E. Highland Mall Blvd.)
Hours: 7:45 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Dining and Coffee: The Sterling Bistro Coffee Shop is open 7 a.m. – 3 p.m., Monday through Friday, offering popular coffee drinks and quick, healthy grab-and-go dining options. Additional on-site dining options will be available as building activity increases.
Building Notes: The PDC is the first City of Austin facility built and operated to WELL Building Standards, which include design and operational features to support well-being. Plenty of natural light, healthy food options, and other amenities reflect this commitment.
Appointment Phone: 512-978-4504
Safety Notes: Several features and procedures are in place to help keep customers and staff, including protective barriers, high-quality air filtration, and a payment kiosk for cash payments. Social distancing and masking are encouraged throughout the facility as an additional precaution.