The Land Development Code determines how land can be used throughout the city, including what can be built, where it can be built, and how much can (or cannot) be built.
What's happening this week?
Week of 11/18/19 through 11/22/19
• Blog: Staff have released a new blog post on Private Restrictive Covenants, City Zoning Laws, and City Permit Applications to explain how these will be affected under the proposed Code.
• Envision Tomorrow Update: Staff have released a workbook that provides a cross-walk between the City of Austin "Build Out Capacity" prototype library and the mix of building prototypes used to define zone-based development types within the Envision Tomorrow Model. The workbook may be downloaded the from Resources page
• City Council Special-Called Meeting: Austin City Council will hold a special called meeting on Monday, Nov. 18 to discuss the Land Development Code Revision. For the official agenda, please visit the City Council Meeting Information Center.
• Code Draft Hard Copies: A printed copy of the draft Land Development Code will be available in all library locations for in-house use. The draft Code can also be found in the Library’s online catalog for easy retrieval and Library staff will be able to show Austinites how to find information about the code on the the Land Development Code website.
• Office Hours: Nov. 7 - All office hour appointments have been filled. If you were unable to secure an appointment with staff, we encourage you read our FAQ. If you don't see an answer to your question, please use the Submit A Question link.
Stay tuned for more!