The Urban Forest Grant strengthens Austin’s urban forest by funding stewardship activities like tree planting, tree care, education, and disease control projects.
Urban trees face different challenges than their rural counterparts. In a city, trees must be cared for, pests managed, and trees planted to support a healthy canopy cover. When you apply for a grant you’re investing time and energy into your community that will benefit you and future generations.
Who should apply? Applicants can include:
- Parent-teacher groups
- Academic and private institutions
- non-profit organizations
- Community groups
- Motivated individuals committed to engaging their community
Apply online. Applications are due January 1st and July 1st. Applications received after the deadlines will be considered for the following application cycle.
- Enhance the long-term health of Austin’s urban forest
- Support some or all aspects of the community’s Urban Forest Vision
- Are located on, or benefit, civic property within Austin city limits
- Follow City of Austin, federal, and state regulations
Guidelines for Projects:
Get Inspired! View Five Years of Projects:
Have more questions or want help scoping your project? Not sure if it will qualify? Ask the grant manager by emailing Jason Traweek.