You are here
The City of Austin is partnering with community members in and around the Colony Park neighborhood to plant the seeds of change for a more complete community in this part of Austin. By working together, we can create an overall vision for 208 acres of publicly-owned Texas blackland prairie and 93 acres of parkland, transforming it into a community complete with vibrant opportunities to live, shop, work and play.
The project site, just north of Loyola Lane between Johnny Morris Road and Decker Lane, is adjacent to Overton Elementary School and the Turner-Roberts Recreation Center. The land offers a unique opportunity to meet the unmet needs of the community and provide a catalyst for economic development and growth for the Colony Park area.
Meet-n-Greet: Sat., March 28, 11:30am-1pm at Turner-Roberts Rec. Center
- Join residents for an opportunity to network and participate in community discussion entitled “New Beginnings for our Community” with special guest, Council Member Ora Houston, District 1. Please RSVP by March 23 at firstname.lastname@example.org
ESL Course launched on February 3, 2015
- A six-week English as a Second Language (ESL) course led by English @ Work allows approximately twenty students to benefit from a curriculum focused on the workplace. Funding provided by the HUD Challenge Grant.
Colony Park Master Plan
On December 11, 2014, the City of Austin approved and adopted as part of the Imagine Austin comprehensive Plan the Colony Park Master Plan and Regulating Plan. The master plan was developed through a community involvement process and established the existing conditions, vision, plan and implementation strategy. The Colony Park Master Plan is the basis for the Colony Park Regulating Plan, which establishes the design-based code development standards and zoning for the 208 acres.
- Illustrative Plan
- Existing Conditions Report
- Master Plan and Design Guidelines
- Implementation Plan
- Renderings Town Center and Neighborhood Centers 1, 2, 3, and 4
- Colony Park Regulating Plan – 208 Acres only
District Park Master Plan
- Community Planning Workshop IV: Presentation of the Draft Master Plan by Farr Associates
- Community Planning Workshop III: Scenario Planning by Farr Associates
- Community Planning Workshop II: Building Blocks by Farr Associates
- Community Planning Workshop I: Listening Session (IPS Results) by Farr Associates
- Existing Conditions Report by Farr Associates/UDG
- Complete Community Report by Planning and Development Review
- Community Profile by Neighborhood Housing and Community Development
- Colony Park Site Analysis by Watershed Protection
- Development Feasibility Study by LJA Engineering & Surveying, Inc.
- Development Feasibility Study Attachments by LJA Engineering & Surveying, Inc.