- Hotlines and Breastfeeding Information
- Government Resources
- Milk Banking
- Breastfeeding Support Organizations
- Policy Statements
- Breastfeeding Training Resources
These links are for reference and educational purposes only. Mom’s Place is not responsible for information provided on other websites.
Hotlines and Breastfeeding Information:
- Breastmilk Counts – Breastmilk Counts is a one-stop breastfeeding resource for Texas moms and their families. 1-800-514-MOMS (6667)
- La Leche League International
- DSHS Breastfeeding Community Action Kit
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- USDA Food & Nutrition Service
- Office on Women’s Health
- Texas Mother Friendly Worksites
Breastfeeding Support Organizations:
- International Lactation Consultant Association
- International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners
- Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine
- World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action
- American Academy of Pediatrics – The American Academy of Pediatrics is dedicated to the health of all children through organizational principles that guide and define the child health care system.
- American Academy of Family Physicians – The mission of the American Academy of Family Physicians is to improve the health of patients, families, and communities by serving the needs of members with professionalism and creativity.
- World Health Organization – The World Health Organization is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, and monitoring and assessing health trends.
- Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies Coalition – The National Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) Coalition is a recognized leader and resource in maternal and child health, reaching an estimated 10 million health care professionals, parents, and policy makers through its membership of over 100 local, state, and national organizations.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are committed to increasing breastfeeding rates throughout the United States and to promoting and supporting optimal breastfeeding practices toward the ultimate goal of improving the public’s health.
Breastfeeding Training Resources:
- Texas Department of State Health Services – The Texas Department of State Health Services offers a list of courses and breastfeeding training information here. It provides information about the WIC program and features the WIC eligibility requirements, information on the new WIC Food Packages, and a clinic site locater.
- Wellstart International – Wellstart International protects, promotes, and supports optimal feeding of infants and young children through professional health education.
- Breastfeeding Outlook – Breastfeeding Outlook is a continuing education provider with a staff dedicated to the promotion of breastfeeding. It offers a variety of evidence-based programs, publications, and resources, as well as the consulting and speaking services of Marie Biancuzzo, RN, MS, IBCLC.
- Breastfeeding Materials – Breastfeeding Materials produces research-based professional training materials, a variety of patient education handouts related to lactation management, and important commentaries on new science in the field of human lactation.
- Infant Risk Center – Dr. Thomas Hale’s Infant Risk Center is dedicated to providing up-to-date, evidence-based information on the use of medications during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Its goal is to provide accurate information regarding the risks of exposure to mothers and their babies.