Special Events Ordinance and Administrative Rules Development
City Council adopted the special events ordinance on May 10, 2018. The modified proposed SEO rules were adopted on February 25, 2019. Austin Center for Events (ACE) began processing event applications under the new ordinance on April 1, 2019. A community panel will evaluate the effectiveness of the ordinance for one year.
- Adopted Special Events Ordinance
- Adopted rules, including staff response to public comments
- Notice of Decision on Appeal of Adopted Rules
Questions? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-974-1000.
Special Events Task Force
The task force consists of 11 voting members and 11 ex officio members comprised of the city departments that participate in the Austin Center for Events. The mission of the task force is to assess the efficacy of Ordinance No. 20180510-018, the associated rules, and Austin Center for Events (ACE) processes. The task force is required to provide Council with a report and any recommended changes by March 31, 2020. The task force expires on April 1, 2020.
- For more information, see the Special Events Task Force webpage.
- View Agendas, Approved Minutes, and Supporting Documents