The Emma S. Barrientos Mexican American Cultural Center is currently open Monday-Friday 10-6 and 10-4 on Saturdays.
Mission Statement: The Emma S. Barrientos Mexican American Cultural Center (ESB-MACC) is dedicated to the preservation, creation, presentation, and promotion of the cultural arts of Mexican Americans and Latino cultures. Read about the history of the ESB-MACC.
The ESB MACC has entered Phase 2 of the 2018 Facility Expansion Plan (2018 Plan) approved by City Council. Phase 2 includes expansion and renovation of the facility in addition to site improvements in order to meet the growing needs of the community.
Join an upcoming engagement meeting on Oct 2, and/or learn more about Phase 2, on the Project Page!
The Emma S. Barrientos Mexican-American Cultural Center hosted its 14th annual Viva México celebration on Saturday, September 18th. This annual event showcases visual art, dance, and musical performances that explore Mexico’s history through cultural art traditions.
This event is now free to watch, both in a livestream as well as our Digital Festival. Check the link below for links to those videos!
The Emma S. Barrientos Mexican American Cultural Center is currently closed to the public. Many of our programs have moved to digital! Our digital resources are free and accessible to anyone who wants to learn more about Mexican-American and Latinx arts & culture.
CLICK HERE FOR A GUIDE TO DIGITAL PROGRAMS! For even more access to MACC programming, remember to follow us on Facebook at @AustinESBMACC and Instagram at @ESBMACC. Questions? email email@example.com.
Did you view one of the programs? Or was there a program you would like us to provide? Let us know by filling out our 5-minute Program Survey!
Learn more about Phase 2, including the 2018 MasMACC Master Plan, on the Project Page!
The ESB-MACC Advisory Board advises Austin City Council about Emma S. Barrientos Mexican American Cultural Center operations. Cooperate with civic and volunteer groups involved in fostering, promoting and sponsoring activities at the ESB-MACC. (City Code Section 2-1-162)
Community Involvement: Community members are invited to attend ESB-MACC Advisory Board meetings to gain further understanding of its functions.
To speak remotely at a MACC Advisory Board meeting, members of the public must:
• Call or email the board liaison Michelle Rojas at 512-974-3771 or firstname.lastname@example.org no later than noon, Tuesday April 6, 2021. The following information is required: speaker name, item number(s) they wish to speak on, whether they are for/against/neutral, email address and telephone number (must be the same number that will be used to call into the meeting).
• Once a request to speak has been made to the board liaison, the information to call on the day of the scheduled meeting will be provided either by email or phone call.
• Speakers must call in at least 15 minutes prior to meeting start time in order to speak, late callers will not be accepted and will not be able to speak.
• Speakers will be placed in a queue until their time to speak.
• Handouts or other information may be emailed to Michelle Rojas email@example.com by noon the day before the scheduled meeting. This information will be provided to Board and Commission members in advance of the meeting.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ADVISORY BOARD: