Am I eligible?
To be eligible to receive Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program HIV medical care and treatment services, as well as other HIV support services, you must:
- Be diagnosed with HIV or AIDS
- Be considered low income
- Have either no health insurance or your insurance does not pay for the care you need
What Services are included?
The Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program provides both core medical services as well as other essential support services.
Core medical services include:
- Medical care and treatment
- Case management, including treatment adherence services and financial assistance
- Mental health
- Substance abuse
- Dental health care
- Medical nutrition therapy
Other support services include:
- Health care-related transportation
- HIV support groups and counseling
- Food bank/home delivered meals
City of Austin HRAU Service Standards Catalog 2023
What happens when I seek care and treatment?
When you seek HIV medical care and treatment through a Ryan White provider, most likely you will be assigned a case manager who will help you:
- Understand what services you are eligible to receive
- Apply for health care coverage
- Find out whether you have to cover any of the costs
How do I get connected?
Find HIV care and services in Austin provided by Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program medical providers. This includes HIV medical care, access to medications, case management, mental health, as well as other support services.
Get information about health insurance in your state. The Affordable Care Act, or ACA, allows people who do not have coverage through an employer or other source, to buy their own health insurance. You cannot be denied coverage or charged more because of your HIV status, or any other preexisting condition. You can also find out if you’re eligible for Medicaid.