City Special Event Permitting Checklist

Many permits may be required for public gatherings. Please refer to the event checklist to determine which permits, if any, may be required. If you want to host a gathering of more than 49 people for the purposes of civic, social or religious functions, recreation or entertainment or food or drink consumption, the event checklist has information you should consider.

Public Assembly Code Enforcement (PACE)

This team focuses on City Code violations associated with large gatherings and parties. Visit the PACE website to find information on short-term rental licensing, event permits, requirements and assistance.

Public Event – BIZOpen Here to Help

BizOpen provides assistance to small business-owners in the City of Austin’s development process at no cost. Whether your project is large and complex or small and simple, BizOpen can guide you through the City’s rules and regulations. For more information, call 512-974-7800.

Temporary Change of Use Permit

Temporary change of use permits are required for public assemblies held on residential, multi-family, retail, office and commercial properties.

Ground Transportation Permits

View the Parking Divison's services to find permits for ground transportation providers.

Permits Required to Film in Austin

The City of Austin realizes and appreciates the value of the film industry. We strive to make Austin the best place for filmmakers to live and work. Visit the Filming in Austin website to find information related to key department contacts, resources, and film funding/incentives.