Register for the run online! Pre-paid parking required on ALL event nights, and sells out most nights.
December 2 - Fun Run - pre-registration required
ALERT! - There is NO drive-up access to the Zilker Holiday Tree on Trail of Lights event nights. Check the tree page for information about visiting on nights when the Trail of Lights is not occurring.
- Amplified sound has been permitted at this event 5 pm - 10 pm. Park Access: The run is closed to registered participants only.
- Road closures. Road Closure Schedule
- Google Map with Park Areas/Closures
- Great Lawn Access:
- Google Map Park Access
- LAWN OPEN - a portion of the area north and east of rock island closes for holiday set up. The upper field areas remains open throughout the remainder of the year for public access. Free public parking daily in the rock area off Stratford Drive, or until the roads closes nightly.
STREET CLOSURES, TRANSPORTATION & PARKING:
(To see the full street closure map click on to open a new page)
- The event will moderately affect area traffic conditions and public recreational use of the park during evening event hours.
- Park road closures are associated with this event. Park parking lots close daily to public parking at 2 pm on fun run night, and 4 pm on all other event nights.
- Parking: Pre-paid parking on site is required on all nights! There are no drive up parking sales!
- Shuttles: For details about shuttles, visit: https://austintrailoflights.org/event-faqs
- Neighborhood NO PARKING restrictions are IN EFFECT! Signed “no parking areas” are actively enforced on event day(s).
Zilker Metropolitan Park
2100 Barton Springs Road
Austin, TX 78704