Economic Development Department
The City of Austin's Economic Development Department supports and recruits business to Austin through all divisions. Our mission is to promote a competitive, sustainable and equitable economy for all.
- Cultural Arts Programs that integrate arts and artists into economic development.
- Global Business Expansion Increases jobs and investment in Austin with programs that support business expansion and attraction
- Heritage Tourism Programs aimed to attract tourists by preserving historic buildings, sites, and districts
- Music & Entertainment Programs that support Austin’s venues, commercial music businesses, and musicians
- Redevelopment Facilitates innovative partnerships and projects to re-invigorate Austin neighborhoods and commercial districts
- Small Business Provides help to small business owners and people who want to start a small business
Latest City of Austin Relief Efforts:
- Community Navigator Program
Application Period: September 1 at 10 a.m. - October 29 at 5 p.m.
Priority Consideration: October 1 at 5 p.m.
Helpful Recovery Resources:
- City of Austin's ATXRecovers.com - A one-stop resource to help businesses and individuals recover from the financial hardships caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Austin COVID-19 Information
- Economic Development Department’s Small Business Resources Directory - Database of local, state, federal, and community resources. Filter by “Disaster Relief” to find immediate support for businesses impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The City of Austin is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable modifications and equal access to communications will be provided upon request - including translation and interpretation services. For assistance, please contact the Economic Development Department at 512-974-7819. The City receives and accepts Video Relay Service (VRS) calls from people who are Deaf or hard-of-hearing through Relay Texas 7-1-1.