A private sewer lateral line is the portion of the wastewater service line located on your property that connects your house to the City wastewater main. Sometimes these lines break or become defective which can be expensive to fix. The Housing & Planning Department provides free replacement or repair of these lines for eligible Austin Water customers of a single-family home or duplex whose household income is 100% or less than the area Median Family Income (MFI).
Am I eligible?
- I received a notice from the Austin Water Utility about my private lateral line
- I live either within the Austin city limits, or limited purpose annexed (LPA) or Extra Territorial Jurisdictions (ETJ) areas
- I live in a single-family home or duplex, and it is my primary place of residence
- My household income is 100% or less than the Austin area median family income (MFI)
2. Submit application with required documentation.