Create an account
You will need an online account to apply for any City job. You can also log in with LinkedIn.
Search available jobs
Get job notifications
You can sign up for job alerts to be notified of new postings in the departments you’re interested in.
Applying for City jobs
- Reading job postings
Once you have found a job you would like to apply for, read the entire posting. It will give you all the information you need, including:
- minimum and preferred experience
- whether the post requires a criminal background check
- job duties and skills
- supplemental questions you must answer
- required documents (like resume and cover letter)
- post opening and closing dates
Pay close attention to the closing date. Applications won’t be accepted after 11:59:59 on this date.
- Navigating the application
- Select “Apply for this job” at the top of the posting and fill out the application.
- You can click “Save changes” at the bottom of the application to save your work at any time.
- A summary of your answers will appear when you have finished your application. Carefully review this summary.
- Click “Edit this application” if you’d like to make any changes.
- When you are ready to submit your application, click “Certify and Submit.” This will generate a confirmation email to you.
- Tips for applying
- You must completely fill out your Educational Record and Employment Record. Entries like “See resume” will not be accepted and your application will be incomplete.
- Most job postings will include supplemental questions.
- Some job postings may require a resume and cover letter.
- You must include three professional references. Personal references will not be accepted.