Beginning on July 26, 2021:
Main Location: 6800 Burleson Road, Building 310, Suite 175
The main court location’s hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.
The main location is currently offering in person customer services and limited walk-in mitigation appearances. Walk-in mitigation hours are Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-11:30am and 1:30pm-4pm. All other appearances before a judge will be scheduled virtually. Jury and bench trials are postponed until further notice.
Map to court parking and entry (PDF, 79 KB)
Jaime Padron North Substation: 12425 Lamplight Village Ave. Temporarily closed
Civil parking hearings are available at the court’s main location beginning on Monday, August, 9, 2021 (City Hall location temporarily closed due to Covid-19 protocols) Hours of Operation: Monday thru Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm Services Provided: In person civil parking hearings and payment plans.
- Many options are available that do not require a personal appearance.
The work of the court
The Municipal Court is the judicial branch of local government, the City of Austin. The court commits to administering fair, efficient, and prompt justice. Court services are handled both onsite and online, or by telephone, email, and mail.
The court decides the lowest level criminal offenses in the state of Texas, including traffic, city ordinance, juvenile, and disabled parking.
The court also:
- Processes criminal case appeals
- Collaborates with community court
- Processes citizen complaints
- Presides over bench and jury trials
- Processes parking tickets
- Responds to requests for public information
- Explains options when:
- delinquent cases are sent to the collection agency
- delinquent cases cause a juvenile or minor's driver's license renewal to be denied
- you are accused of a violating class C law in Austin, even if you don't live here
- you can't comply with court orders
Our Youth Services Unit:
- Helps juveniles and their families understand what they need to do to comply with court orders and/or program requirements.
- Provides educational alternative sentencing and deferral options that, if successfully completed, keep a charge off a juvenile’s record.
- Hosts teen court, where all young Austinites can learn hands-on about the justice system.
You can use an online form to request judicial information.
For information about fines, please see the charge codes and fine schedule.
Learn more about Municipal Court's performance and budget.