Per Ordinance 20170216-014, the Public Safety Committee has been dissolved effective February 27, 2017.
*On June 11, 2020 the City Council passed Ordinance 20200611-093 creating a new Public Safety Committee. Please see the new Public Safety Committee page for current business.
The Public Safety Committee may review criminal justice, code enforcement, disaster preparedness, fire, police, emergency medical services, municipal court, judicial appointments, and related matters.
Created by Ordinance 20150129-026.
- Meetings will take place on the fourth Monday of the month at 3pm.
- City Hall Council Chamber, 301 W. Second St. Austin, TX 78701
- View the Public Safety Committee's documents.
- View the Judicial Committee's meeting documents from previous years.
2016 Meeting Schedule
- January 25, 2016
- March 28, 2016
- May 23, 2016
- September 26, 2016
- November 28, 2016 - Cancelled
- Council Member Casar (Vice-Chair)
- Council Member Houston
- Council Member Pool
Vivian Holmes, Emergency Medical Service, (512) 972-7148