Austinites share a sense of community pride and a determination that the City’s vision of making Austin the most livable City in the country is not just a slogan, but a reality. The community came together to provide more than 18,500 ideas and contributions to help shape Imagine Austin, our 30-year plan for the future.
Additionally, our results of the most recent Community Survey show that Austin residents rate Austin’s city services high, especially when compared to other large cities. Austin rated at or above the national average for large cities with populations over 250,000 in 31 of the 46 service areas assessed. Austin’s rankings reflect a City government that keeps its vision in the forefront while planning for the future.
- P stands for Public Service and Engagement. We will partner with one another and with our community to provide the best service possible.
- R stands for Responsibility and Accountability. We take responsibility for achieving results and hold ourselves accountable for our actions.
- I stands for Innovation and Sustainability. We actively seek out good ideas that have a lasting, positive impact on our work, our community and our environment.
- D stands for Diversity & Inclusion. We recognize and respect a variety of perspectives, experiences and approaches that will help us achieve our organizational goals.
- E stands for Ethics and Integrity. Our actions will maintain the trust and confidence of the public and the organization.