Hello folks! Though the museum is currently closed, please find these interesting digital resources to enjoy online!
- Virtual Studio Sessions at the Elisabet Ney!
Join us for our new biweekly virtual artist meet-ups for adults! These will take place every other Thursday, on March 11, 25, April 8 & 22 from 6 to 7:30 pm. Each session will feature different art activities focused on experimentation with a variety of mediums. This is a great opportunity to meet other artists and work on projects within your own studio space. To sign up for each sessions, please click on the links below.
- Main Collection Tour/Recorrido principal de la colección
For a tour of the Elisabet Ney Museum’s main collection, given by Museum Site Coordinator Oliver Franklin, please click here: Main Collection Video Tour
- For a tour of the museum’s second floor and the tower, provided by museum guide Amy Andrews, please click here: Museum Second Floor Video Tour
- For a text-based tour of Elisabet Ney’s work in English, please click here: Ney Collection (pdf)
- Para un recorrido por texto de las esculturas de Elisabet Ney en español, haga clic aquí: Ney Collection(pdf)
- Landscape Tour and Information
For a video tour of the Museum’s Native Prairie Historic Landscape restoration, given by Mino Giunta, the Museum’s landscape specialist, please click here: Landscape Restoration.
- Watch the Sixth First Annual Polkapocalypse 2020!
- This super favorite of visitors from all over the globe was held online in 2020, and featured Brave Combo, Piñata Protest, and many, many more in a three-hour Polkaxtravaganza! Check it out, recorded, by clicking here: Polkapocalypse 2020!
- About our past contemporary art Special Exhibition “Barbara Attwell: Rewylding”
- For a video tour of the current Special Exhibition “Barbara Attwell: Rewylding”, please click here: Video Tour
- To read more about the Elisabet Ney Museum’s current Special Exhibition “Barbara Attwell: Rewylding”, please click here: Exhibit Information
- For an activity video about making toilet paper roll animals at home, taught by Barbara Attwell and shared courtesy of the Westbank Public Library, please click here: Toilet Paper Roll Animals
- Plein Aire Painting Demonstration
To celebrate wildflower season, for a video demonstration of Plein Aire painting created by Baron Wilson of Austin Plein Aire Society using the Elisabet Ney Museum as a model, please click here: Plein Aire Painting Demonstration
- Fun Activity Demonstration Videos!
- To learn how to make your own book, taught by museum educator Sarah Porter, please click here: Make your own Book
- To learn how to make a digital Canva presentation poster about Elisabet Ney, taught by museum educator Renee Robinson, please click here: Elisabet Ney Canva Presentation Poster
- More videos are coming so check back soon!
- Who is Elisabet Ney?
For a biography of Elisabet Ney, please click here: Elisabet Ney Biography
- Women in Texas History
For great lessons/activities and curriculum about Women in Texas History, especially pertinent in this, the Centennial of Women’s Suffrage, please click here: Women in Texas History (pdf)
- Clay Activities
For a guide to activities using clay, click here: The Importance of Clay (pdf)
- Museum Education
For more curriculum and museum education opportunities, visit this page: Museum Education