Austin-Travis County Emergency Medical Services
What is the Austin-Travis County Emergency Medical Services (ATCEMS) Discount Program?
ATCEMS now offers a discounted rate to assist uninsured individuals who have been transported by emergency ambulance on or after July 1, 2009.
Who may qualify for the Discount Program?
The discount program is for individuals who are uninsured and:
- Have a family income at or below 100 percent of the Federal Poverty Guideline; or
- Who are disabled or at least 67 years old, with a family income at or below 200 percent of the Federal Poverty Guideline
Level of Service
*Federal guidelines can be found at https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines
A new application must be submitted if additional ambulance transports are provided more than 30 days after the date of approval for the program.
CHANGE OF ADDRESS
Please contact ATCEMS Billing Office immediately if your home or billing address changes.
Please contact an ATCEMS Representative for questions or concerns at EMSBillingInfo@austintexas.gov or 512.972.7210. ATCEMS Billing Office Hours are Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
PLEASE HAVE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS AVAILABLE FOR INCOME VERIFICATION PRIOR TO COMPLETING APPLICATION:
- Most recent IRS Form W-2 and 1099s
- Paycheck remittances for the last three (3) months*
* If you are unable to provide paycheck remittances, please provide verification from your employer (a letter on company letterhead verifying employment and compensation).
- Most recent tax return
- Bank statements for the last three (3) months
- Proof of participation (including an approved application) in governmental assistance programs such as food stamps, CDIC, Medicaid or AFDC
- Social Security or Unemployment Compensation Letters for the last three (3) months
To submit your insurance information to EMS Billing visit https://cityofaustin.formstack.com/forms/insurance_submission_form
EMS DISCOUNT PROGRAM APPLICATION for EMS transports before October 1, 2020