Curbside services resumed on Monday, February 22
- All curbside services resumed on Monday, February 22. Please set out carts, bulk and large brush by 6:30 a.m. on your scheduled collection day. Collections may take longer than usual, due to staff shortages and excess material to be collected. Leave any uncollected carts, and other material at the curb to allow our crews to catch up over the week and into next weekend.
- Scheduled large brush and bulk item collections that were missed due to the severe weather began on Monday and will continue throughout the week, over the weekend and into next week until crews catch up.
Service delays may have left you with extra material to be collected. Here are some tips to set out extra material:
- Recycling: once your blue cart is full, place additional recyclables in a cardboard box or other reusable container next to your cart.
- Composting: once your green cart is full, use lawn and leaf bags or a reusable container that is no larger than 34-gallons and no heavier than 50 pounds for any excess material, and place them beside the cart.
- Trash: once your brown cart is full, place any extra bagged household trash from your missed collection beside your cart.
- Debris clean up: Austin Disaster Relief Network and Texas voluntary organizations are collaborating with the counties of Bastrop, Hays and Williamson to include the cities of Austin and Round Rock in a massive cleanup effort. This effort has begun today and residents in these areas can call the crisis clean up toll-free number 1-800-329-8052 for assistance in clearing their homes and removing debris. The “Crisis Clean Up” line will operate Monday– Saturday, 9 a.m.–8 p.m., and Sunday, 1 p.m.–6 p.m. Homeowners can register for assistance through the “Crisis Clean Up” number until Tuesday, March 2.
- If you're an Austin Resource Recovery customer who must remove large tree limbs, as a result of the winter storm, please cut tree limbs to any size between 5 feet to 15 feet in length and stack them at the curb no higher than 4 feet. Call 3-1-1 to schedule a storm debris collection.
Stay tuned for any service updates. We apologize to those customers experiencing delays. Thank you for your patience!
Download the Austin Recycles mobile app or sign-up for reminders to get essential service alerts. Read more City of Austin and Travis County severe weather response and recovery updates.
The Recycle & Reuse Drop-off Center is closed until further notice
In response to the increasing concerns of COVID-19, and for the safety of our staff and residents, the Recycle & Reuse Drop-off Center is closed to the public and dropoffs will no longer be accepted, beginning on December 24. However, Austin-Travis County residents can schedule contactless pick-up of household hazardous waste from their home for safe disposal. Learn more.
Austin Resource Recovery regular curbside services will not change at this time.
Austin Resource Recovery provides a wide range of services designed to transform waste into resources while keeping our community clean. Our goal is to reach Zero Waste by 2040, which means reducing the amount of trash sent to landfills by 90 percent.
Get my schedule
Use the My Schedule tool below to view your curbside collection calendar. You can add your schedule to Google, iCal or Outlook, or you can print it. You can also sign up for text, email or phone call reminders and alerts. For best results, begin typing your address and select it from the drop-down menu when it appears.