For information about Coronavirus (COVID-19) click here
Outdoor Music Venue Permits
Entertainment Services Group (ESG)
- Administers, manages, and monitors Outdoor Music Venue Permits for venues, music promoters, and meeting planners.
- Coordinates amplified sound compliance requirements for Special Event Permits, and located at the Austin Center for Events.
- Consults with venues about better sound quality, reduced sound impact to neighbors, and permit compliance.
- Contact Brian Block for information on permit requirements.
Special Event Permits
Austin Center for Events (ACE)
For the latest updates on Special Events 2020 related to COVID-19, visit Austin Center for Events.
- Oversees permitting and planning for special events and festivals.
- ACE Planning Guide for Special Event planning information.
- Outdoor Amplified Sound for Special Events section in ACE Planning Guide.
- Please click here for information on filming in Austin.
Performing Artists in the Parks Permits
- Performing artists are allowed to entertain in the parks provided they are registered with and approved by the Parks and Recreation Department. The Performing Artists in the Parks Permit fee for performing artists is $10 per day, and permits may be purchased in two-week increments. Please call 512-974-6797 for more information.
Amplified Sound Requirements
Amplified Outdoor Music in Residential Areas
- OMV Permits may not be issued for the use of sound equipment located within 100 feet of property zoned and used as residential.
- Amplified sound without a permit is only allowed in residential areas 10am to 10pm and up to 75 decibels.
Entertainment & Amplified Sound Compatibility Community Engagement