Temporary Concession Permits
Concession approvals (permits) are required and issued to applicants for commercial activity requests (vending, merchandise sales, etc) in the park system. Concession permits are issued at stand-alone park locations where short-term or single concession needs arise that benefit an activity or the public at the requested park location.
- Concession permits are NOT issued for vendors to vend outside or near permitted special events where organizers typically coordinate vendors inside their permitted grounds and spaces.
Request For Applications
No current public requests available.
1. Temporary Concession Permits
- Food, Beverage and Recreation Merchandise ($500-$1500/6-month period) The fee for operating for six months at a district or metropolitan park is $1,500 (district or larger) and $500 (other parks) for all other parks at approved applications. The fees will be paid in full at the time of contract execution.
- Boating - Walsh Boat Landing (prices vary) Walsh Boat Landing is currently closed for construction. Information on the closure guideline.
2. Single Day Concession Permits ($50/day) The Parks and Recreation Department issues single day permits to vendors wishing to set up at (or outside of) a place in a park for a short-term event purpose.
3. Performing Artists in the Parks ($10/day) Performing artists are allowed to entertain in the parks provided they are registered with and approved by the Parks and Recreation Department. The fee for performing artists is $10 per day, and permits may be purchased in two-week increments. Individuals wishing to perform as artists or entertainers in the park must adhere to the following rules.
Online Resources for all Applicants:
- Application - Food, Beverage & Recreation Oriented Merchandise (word doc)
- Application - Performing Artist (word doc)
- Seasonal Permit Timing (pdf) – View permit availability
- Map of Available Concession Sites - View available concession sites - Google map
- Criminal Background Investigation (CBI) Process (pdf)
- Health Permit (if applicable) - Austin Health and Human Services requirements
- Insurance Requirements (pdf) - View City required Insurance
- Sales Tax - All vendors are required to have a State of Texas sales and use permit.
- Sole Proprietor Letter (word doc) - TEMPLATE letter for sole proprietors
Other Concession Permit Information:
- Permanent Concessions (existing or new requests)
- Commercial Use of Dedicated Parking (fitness groups, training, bicycle tour groups, dog training)
- Commercial youth programming or classes must utilize the Instructional Contractor Process.