Free Irrigation System Evaluations
Residential customers of Austin Water or a qualifying water provider may schedule a free Irrigation System Evaluation by a licensed irrigator from Austin Water if they have an in-ground sprinkler system and have used either more than 25,000 gallons in one month this season or more than 20,000 gallons in two consecutive months this season.
Each audit varies depending on specific conditions but will generally include:
- Documenting current controller settings
- Checking for leaks by asking the customer not to use any water in the house and watching the meter to see if any flow is going through
- Getting a current meter reading
- Running each station on the system to determine flow rates and quantify the current schedule on the controller
- Testing the system and noting deficiencies and opportunities for improvement or equipment upgrades
- Providing the customer with a recommended watering schedule
- Reviewing audit results with the customer
- Reviewing controller functions and settings with the customer
- Resetting controller to recommended settings if the customer wants
To schedule an evaluation, please email or call 512-974-2199 with the following information:
- Your name and phone number
- The address where you are requesting the evaluation
- The number of zones/stations your system has
- Any other information that might be helpful in scheduling this appointment
Irrigation Upgrade Rebate
Residential customers of Austin Water or a qualifying water provider may receive up to $400 in rebates for improving their irrigation system's water efficiency. New irrigation systems and expansions to existing systems are not eligible.
Irrigation Upgrade Rebate Guidelines and Application
Interested in evaluating your own irrigation system?
A good irrigation evaluation helps the end user identify problems in the irrigation system and can point out opportunities for improvement. However, just as important, an irrigation evaluation provides all the information needed to create a property specific seasonal schedule.
Download the customer irrigation evaluation instructions
Download the evaluation template