EVALUATING YOUR OWN IRRIGATION SYSTEM
Performing an irrigation system evaluation can help residents set an efficient watering schedule and identify the need for system repairs and upgrades.
FREE IRRIGATION SYSTEM EVALUATION BY AUSTIN WATER
Residential customers of Austin Water or a qualifying water provider may schedule a Free Irrigation System Evaluation by a licensed irrigator from Austin Water if they have an in-ground sprinkler system and have used either more than 25,000 gallons in one month this season or more than 20,000 gallons in two consecutive months this season.
To schedule, please email or call 512-974-2199 with the following information:
- Your name, phone number, and the address where you are requesting the evaluation
- The number of irrigation system zones/stations
- Any other information that might be helpful in scheduling the appointment
Evaluations generally include:
- Documenting current controller settings, taking a meter reading, and checking for leaks
- Running stations to determine flow rate and quantifying water used by the current schedule
- Noting opportunities for system improvements and equipment upgrades (rebates may be available)
- Reviewing evaluation results, controller functions/settings, and water schedule recommendations with the customer
- Setting controller to recommended settings