Are you affiliated with a reuse center, nonprofit, religious organization, school or PTA, neighborhood association, business or other group? Consider hosting a Fix-It Clinic! Fix-It Clinics grow the reach of your business or non-profit.
Download our How-To guide here:
We are seeking community group partners to make repair education more accessible throughout the city. If you live in Austin, consider becoming a Fix-It Host Partner to receive additional guidance and resources when planning your own Fix-It Clinic.
Become a partner
What does it mean to be a Fix-It Partner?
The City of Austin would like to partner with individuals and community groups to make repair education and Fix-It more readily available throughout Austin. Fix-It Partners will facilitate the planning and hosting of their own Fix-It Clinics, and will receive supporting materials and advertising assistance from Austin Resource Recovery.
Who can become a Partner?
If you live in the Austin area and are interested in hosting your own Fix-It Clinic, you are eligable to become a Fix-It Partner! We are especially excited about building partnerships with reuse centers, nonprofits, religious organizations, schools and PTAs, neighborhood associations, and businesses, but anyone who wants to host a clinic is eligable to become a Fix-It Partner!
What are the benefits of being a Partner?
- Tap into our network: As a Fix-It Partner, you'll have access to our network of volunteer coaches via signup.com. Staffing your event will be easy!
- Aid with advertising: Partners will be able to post their events on Austin Resource Recovery's Community Fix-It Calendar.
- Files and forms: Once confirmed as a Partner, Fix-It hosts will receive a ZIP file of printer-ready waivers, table signs, flyers, data logs and sample email templates to use when contacting your attendees.
How do I become a Fix-It Partner?
To inquire about becoming a partner, email Austin Resource Recovery at email@example.com. Provide your preferred contact informatioin, and let us know you're interested in becoming a Fix-It Partner! We'll set up time for a quick meeting to go over the partnership, and once you sign our Fix-It Austin Partner Form, you'll be ready to go!
What are the requirements for being a Partner?
- Share your successes with us! Partners need to share data from their event on the number of attendees and the pounds kept out of the landfill through repair.
- Help us all get better: Partners will have attendees at their event fill out an online exit survey about their experience at the clinic.
- Follow our branding guidlines: We'll happily provide you a copy of the Fix-It Austin logo to use, but use of the City seal or ARR logo is not allowed by Fix-It Partners. We'll also ask that you refer to your event as a Fix-It Austin Partner event. Partners should not represent their clinics as official City of Austin events.