Reimagining Public Safety Documents
- Reimagining Public Safety Reports
- Progress on key RPS milestones between April and July 2021 including: The start of a reimagined police training academy, reform recommendations by the RPS City-Community Task Force, The City Manager’s proposed FY22 budget that outlines the City’s continuing commitment to RPS initiatives.
- Includes a summary of the Task Force scope of work and the group's comprehensive set of public safety reform recommendations
- Progress on key public safety initiatives during February and March 2021 including City Council approval of the City Manager's blueprint for a reimagined Austin Police Department training academy and the creation of a new Forensic Sciences Department as well as the launch of the mental health option to the 9-1-1 call triage.
- Includes: Budget update and detailed summary of progress to date on RPS initiatives from spring 2020 through January 2021.
- Includes: Analysis of APD Racial Profiling Data Released, Racial Disparity Dashboard Published, City-Community Reimagining Public Safety Task Force Update, RPS Community Outreach, Community Partner Hosted Conversations, and reforms updates.
- Includes: Equity Office Accepting Community Grant Applications, City-Community Reimagining Public Safety Task Force Update, Mental Health Diversion Update, Austin Police Department Graduates New Officers, Quattrone Report Outlines Recommendations for Improving Future DNA Lab Operations, Reimagining Public Safety Community Engagement Continues, Reimagining Public Safety Spanish Website Launches / Sitio Web de Reimaginando la Seguridad Pública, and Reforms Updates.
- Includes: 9-1-1 Call Data Analysis results released, Development of short and long-term strategies for APD to address institutional racism and racial inequities, City-Community Reimagining Public Safety Task Force convenes, new Community Police Review Commission members chosen, RPS website and community engagement, and reforms updates.
- Includes: Reimagining Public Safety Budget Changes Approved, City-Community Reimagining Public Safety Task Force Created, Share your thoughts and ideas.
- City Memos
Other Relevant Reports and Data
- Accountability and Oversight
Office of Police Oversight Inaugural Report (June 2021)
Preliminary Assessment of Austin Police Training Academy (February 2020)
2018 Officer-Involved Shooting Report (June 2020)
Police Oversight Advisory Working Group Recommendations (October 2018)
- Racial Equity
Evaluation of Austin Police Department: Use of Force / Public Interactions / Recruitment, Selection, and Promotion-Supplemental Report- Response to City Council Questions & Additional Analysis (March 2022)
Joint Report: Analysis of APD Racial Profiling Data (January 2020)
- Mental Health Response
Integral Care Mobile Crisis Response (August 2020)
APD Response to Mental Health-Related Incidents (September 2018)
- Sexual Assault
Texas Statewide Sexual Assault Prevalence Study (August 2015)
- 9-1-1 Response
APD 9-1-1 Call Data Analysis (September 2020)
9-1-1 Operations Audit: Missed goals related to response times (February 2020)
- Crime and Safety
Analysis of Gun Crime (June 2020)
Impact of Community Policing Efforts Audit (May 2020)