The City's Construction Training Program
On June 3, 2019 a new City of Austin Construction Training Program (CTP) will be implemented. The CTP fosters training in the construction trades in order to develop a pool of qualified, ready-to-work skilled and semi-skilled workers, and to provide economic opportunities to City citizens by:
- Emphasizing the recruitment of trainees who are likely to become members of a contractor’s regular workforce upon completion of the Program;
- Emphasizing training in skilled craft classifications;
- Implementing a 15% goal on CIP projects, with signifi cant budgets exceeding $10 Million, for the use of United States Department of Labor (DOL)-approved Apprentices, DOLapproved On the Job Trainees, or DOLapproved Bilingual Training Program
- Trainees and/or graduates of DOL approved training programs; and
- Implementing a Construction Ready trainee program by establishing a pipeline with community agencies who provide pre-apprentice and/or apprentice-readiness training.
Questions about the Program?
Contact Rick Wilson (Click name to email) 512-974-7261
CTP Key Documents:
- DOL - Approved, Certified and Registered Programs – a listing of DOL- registered Apprenticeship programs, DOL-approved OJT programs, and DOL-certified Bilingual training programs [All Texas Training Programs listing and Austin/San Antonio Area Only listing] (USED PRIMARILY FOR PROJECTS > $10M)
- Pipeline Organizations – the pre-construction/pre-employment training organizations and providers affiliated with the City’s CTP
- CTP Training Report
- CTP Training Plan