Animal Services receives injured animals like this angel every day. Donations make it possible for us to provide the extensive medical care necessary to save their life.
Financial contributions are always needed to support the best care possible to the animals in the shelter and in the community. Our goal is to help keep pets in their homes or to find them new permanent forever homes. Your support will also help Austin maintain its status as the largest no-kill city in the country. Donated funds are used to treat serious injuries, provide dog houses and fencing assistance, emergency response and basic pet and health care items for low-income pet owners etc. To have the greatest impact, please give a recurring donation. To make a tax deductible gift click the DONATE button below.
Animal Services has numerous programs and partnerships designed to help pets in the shelter, in the community, and at home. Your donation will be used to provide these pets the extra attention and care they need and deserve.
- Spay/Neuter assistance
- Enrichment for our shelter animals
- Animal pet care, post adoption
- Dog behavior trainings
- Fencing and dog house assistance
- Emergency response
- Specialty veterinary care
- Community outreach
- Rabies and microchip clinics
- Volunteer program
Want to purchase an AAC t-shirt, sweatshirt, hoodie, lounge pants and more that benefit the animals at AAC? Go to austinanimalcenter.threadless.com.
The following items are needed and used to help animals in the shelter and the community. Items can be dropped off at the shelter or ordered thru our Amazon Wish List link.
- Amazon wishlist
- Dog/cat treats
- Canned/dry food
- Washable, durable pet toys
- Bedding - blankets (no comforters, electric blankets, or sheets)
- New and gently used dog houses (See below)
- New and gently used fencing materials (See below)
- New and gently used collars, harnesses and leashes
- New or gently used carriers and crates
- Cages or habitats for small or exotic pets
Animal Protection needs doghouse donations and bedding and fencing materials for owned pets in need. All doghouse donations can be dropped off at the Animal Center or complete the web form below for contact from the Animal Protection office.
For questions, contact the Tethering Officer at (512) 978-0519 for more information.