There are just as many strategies as there are fundraising ideas. But how do you decide which strategy is right for your organization? And once you’ve decided, how do you pull it off?
Register for Simple Fundraising Strategies for Non-profits
This three-hour workshop will offer fundraising strategy and implementation ideas and a checklist of things to keep in mind when you are planning your fundraising calendar. There will be opportunities to discuss what has and hasn’t worked for you in the past and a Q&A session. You’ll get a workbook to use during class, and you’ll also leave with a toolkit of resources, including templates, worksheets, and helpful links.
Key employees or stakeholders are encouraged to attend if the founder or director is unable.
This workshop is eligible for the City of Austin Small Business Skills Certificate program. Participants who complete six courses in the program are recognized in an awards ceremony at City Hall with other local business and community leaders.
What To Expect:
Participants will be able to speak and interact with the instructor and others. There will be ample time for Q&A at the end, but we also have plenty of group discussions planned during the session as well. There will be two ten-minute breaks to allow for checking your email, grabbing a cup of coffee, etc.
- All participants will receive a follow-along workbook to take notes, follow instructions, and complete exercises during the session.
- Presentation slides and exercises will be provided to all participants.
- Participants will also get a free toolkit - a collection of templates, forms, worksheets, and other resources that will be made available at the end of the class.
Who Should Attend?
- Nonprofit Founders, Executives, and Admins
- Board Members and Volunteers Interested in Doing More
- Nonprofit professionals like consultants and freelancers, working with multiple orgs
- Anyone new to starting or running a nonprofit organization
- Both new and established nonprofits are encouraged to attend
The City of Austin is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable modifications and equal access to communications will be provided upon request - including translation and interpretation services. For assistance, please contact the Economic Development Department at 512-974-7819. The City receives and accepts Video Relay Service (VRS) calls from people who are Deaf or hard-of-hearing through Relay Texas 7-1-1.
Map to City of Austin Small Business Division, 5202 E. Ben White, Suite 400