Economic Development Department
The City of Austin's Economic Development Department supports and recruits business to Austin through all divisions. Our mission is to promote a competitive, sustainable and equitable economy for all.
Read the 2022 Economic Development Department Annual Highlights to learn about programs that helped local businesses and creative industries.
Process Improvement Survey
The Economic Development Department is dedicated to improving our application process to better serve the community’s needs. Over the past year, we have gathered feedback from the community to understand the challenges faced during grant and project applications. Please share your thoughts about our application portal. The survey will close on March 6 at 11:59 p.m.
Access the survey in multiple languages:
- لتعبئة الاستبيان باللغة العربية، يرجى النقر هنا.
- Para completar la encuesta en español, haga clic aquí.
- 설문지에 한글로 기입하려면 여기를 클릭하세요.
- Pour remplir l'enquête en français, cliquez ici.
- सर्वेक्षण को हिंदी में भरने के लिए यहां क्लिक करें।
- Hãy bấm vào đây để trả lời khảo sát này bằng tiếng Việt.
- Cultural Arts Programs that integrate arts and artists into economic development.
- Global Business Expansion Increases jobs and investment in Austin with programs that support business expansion and attraction
- Heritage Tourism Programs aimed to attract tourists by preserving historic buildings, sites, and districts
- Music & Entertainment Programs that support Austin’s venues, commercial music businesses, and musicians
- Redevelopment Facilitates innovative partnerships and projects to re-invigorate Austin neighborhoods and commercial districts
- Small Business Provides help to small business owners and people who want to start a small business
The City of Austin is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable modifications and equal access to communications will be provided upon request - including translation and interpretation services. For assistance, call 512-974-7819.
The City receives and accepts Video Relay Service (VRS) calls from people who are Deaf or hard-of-hearing through Relay Texas 7-1-1.