You’ve got reports covering your desk and filling up your inbox. You know the reports are important and you need to do something with them... but you are stuck on what to do with them and how they can help you. This three-hour workshop will walk you through understanding what your numbers mean for the financial health of your business. Once you know where to look and what you’re looking for, you’ll be able to decipher unexpected cost hikes in materials, see where money is leaking, and reveal which of your customers are driving profits. Understanding this information allows you to set clear goals for the future and increase your profit margin.
All participants will receive access to download a workbook and toolkit of resources including templates, worksheets, and helpful resources.
Small business owners are encouraged to send key employees if they are unable to attend themselves.
Course Material Downloads:
- Follow-along workbook to take notes, follow instructions and complete exercises during the session.
- Presentation slides and exercises will be provided to all participants.
- Toolkit - a collection of templates, forms, worksheets and other resources that will be made available at the end of the class. This is intended to provide additional information and support as you continue on the path to starting your business.
What To Expect:
This is a virtual class using Zoom meetings. Participants will be able to speak and interact with the instructor and others, as if in a live, in-person session. There will be ample time for Q&A at the end, but we also have plenty of group discussion planned during the session as well. There will be two ten-minute breaks to allow for checking your email, grabbing a cup of coffee, etc.
Who Should Attend:
- Anyone interested in starting a new business
- Business owners looking to rebuild or revamp, post-covid
- Freelancers, Designers & Writers wanting to launch their own brand
- Those in the process of starting a business, who may be stalled or stuck
- All are welcome - and if you are forming a partnership, we encourage all parties to attend
The City of Austin is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable modifications and equal access to communications will be provided upon request - including translation and interpretation services. For assistance, please contact the Economic Development Department at 512-974-7819. The City receives and accepts Video Relay Service (VRS) calls from people who are Deaf or hard-of-hearing through Relay Texas 7-1-1.