Make preparedness your superpower at this free, family-friendly event.
Get Ready Central Texas Emergency Preparedness Fair This Friday
Free, Family Friendly Event Open to the Public
- Event: Get Ready Central Texas Emergency Preparedness Fair
- Time: Friday, September 22, 2023, 3-7 p.m.
- Location: ACC Eastview Campus, 3101 Webberville Rd., Austin, Texas 78702
It’s time for the Get Ready Central Texas Emergency Preparedness Fair! This Friday from 3-7 p.m. at the ACC Eastview campus, the City of Austin Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management (HSEM) hosts the annual event. The fair is free, family friendly and open to the public.
This year’s fair features local, state and federal emergency preparedness resources with 26 vendors joining HSEM to help prepare Austinites before the next emergency.
Attendees will be able to review the City’s Basic Emergency Operations Plan and learn more about the four steps to emergency preparedness: Make Plan, Build a Kit, Know Your Neighbors and Stay Informed. Each vendor will have an activity centered around emergency preparedness.
A basic emergency kit and other supplies will be available to those who attend, with one per household while supplies last. Copies of the Neighborhood Preparedness Guide will be available to help attendees make an emergency plan for their home and neighborhood. Fire and EMS vehicles will be on site for kids to explore. Snacks and drinks will be available.
Interpreters also will be on-site in Spanish and American Sign Language. Other languages can be requested by contacting Austin 3-1-1 at least five days before the event.
For more information on the Get Ready Central Texas Emergency Preparedness Fair visit www.ReadyCentralTexas.org.
Join us at the event to learn more from the following partners:
• American Red Cross
• Ascension Texas Medical Response Unit
• AT&T First Net
• Austin 3-1-1
• Austin Disaster Relief Network (ADRN)
• Austin Energy
• Austin Fire Department
• Austin Fire Department: Wildfire Division
• Austin Public Health
• Austin Resource Recovery
• Austin Water
• Austin-Travis County Emergency Medical Service
• Capital Area of Texas Regional Advisory Council
• Clean Air Force of Central Texas
• Deaf Link: Accessible Hazard Alert System
• Development Services Department
• FEMA Office of Disability Integration and Coordination
• Integral Care
• National Weather Service
• Office of Resilience
• Texas Department of Emergency Management (TDEM)
• The University of Texas: Off-Campus Living Resources and Office of Emergency Management
• The University of Texas: Texas Center for Disability Studies (TTAP)
• Travis County Amateur Radio Emergency Service
• Travis County Office of Emergency Management
• Watershed Protection Department